It’s just turned 2013 – we’ve had the Unpocalypse (still a thing), Christmas and New Year’s Eve. All very exciting times (except the Unpocalypse, which was mostly a sort of anticlimactic moment of restrained jubilation at our continued existence), but as we move in to 2013 we take a moment to look at 2012 and think about what we’re going to differently in 2013.
So, looking back at 2012, I can honestly say my best moment was publishing Everything’s Cool. I promised myself at the beginning of the year that I’d be published and, by hook or by crook, I was damn it!
There were certainly some horrible moments in 2012, but I’m not going to go through those here. Suffice to say, 2012 was a mostly pants year.
But, there were great films:
1. The Raid
2. Avengers Assemble
3. Moonrise Kingdom
5. Life of Pi
And some great albums:
1. The Menzingers ‘On the Impossible Past’
2. The Deftones ‘Koi No Yokan’
3. Sonic Boom Six ‘Sonic Boom Six’
4. The King Blues ‘Long Live the Struggle’
5. Candy Hearts ‘The Best Ways to Disappear’ (yeah, it’s an EP, but I sort of love it a little)
6. Lower than Atlantis ‘Changing Tune’
And of course, some great books! Including David Wong’s John Dies at the End, Tracey Sinclair’s Dark Dates, Al Anderson’s Bounty and Ian Esselmont’s Malazan books. Plus, of course, Everything’s Cool…